Bride: Sasha, 24 – Consultant | Groom: Chauncey, 28 – Asst. Store Manager
Date: March 12, 2016 | Location: Mile High Station, Denver
#Saucey. Is it possible to have a crush on a whole couple? (They also had a great coordinator in Rachel Austin Events so I might have to add more people to my love-fest.) Because Sasha and Chauncey kinda rock. At minimum I’m falling hard for their wedding. In addition to the groom sharing a name with my pet fish in college; I like their musical taste, sense of humor, attention to detail, and excellent choice of wedding vendors. Chris McLaughlin Photography (CMP) knocked it out of the park on this Mile High Station wedding. The unusual lighting situation there is a blessing and curse but he absolutely killed it. I was in love with every image and had to sneak photos into collages at small scales (that hurt my soul) because I just couldn’t say goodbye to them! To help you find all the goodness I decided to format this post a little differently. I’m sure a couple who chose mad libs for their guest book could appreciate the #Saucey Wedding Photo Scavenger Hunt. See if you can find them all:
- Groomsman chasing a pidgeon.
- Upside down newspaper
- Bootie grab
- Little boy with major attitude
- Sensational bokeh (look it up)
- Leg Lamp
- Elvis Lips
- Best favors ever
- “Hi my name is Chauncey and I want to be your next president” – pose ;)
We met while working at the mall in Pueblo, CO. Chauncey began flirting with me the moment I walked in to shop for some clothes (he used to manage the Pac Sun). After a few visits to my store or what his mother calls “stalking” (I worked at Sunglass Hut) he feigned interest in buying sunglasses and offered me his business card to which I replied, “Do you just want my number?”. We instantly clicked and everything was (and still is!) absolutely perfect. His family loves me, my family loves him, and our friends love each other! We even endured a long distance relationship as he moved to Denver six months after we met and I continued my education at CSU-Pueblo.
We went to Cancun for our 3 year anniversary. The day before what would have been our anniversary, he insisted we go to the beach that morning immediately, which I thought was strange but I went along anyway. I tried to sit down and start sunbathing but he wouldn’t let me and handed me his camera and asked me to film him sending a message to his family. I start filming and he proposed! I started crying like a crazy person and managed to squeal out a yes! – Sasha
- Sasha’s family is Jewish. While the overall goal was to keep the party secular, they did incorporate some traditional elements into the ceremony. Chauncey created a chuppah for their altar and they did the customary breaking of the glass.
- The couple’s celebrity couple hybridized name was “Saucey” and they took that to the tables with DIY mini-hot sauce bottles labeled “Hot Saucey”.
- The couple had customized mad-lib cards in place of a guest book.
- The ceremony was officiated by the groom’s brother, Aaron.
- Something Old: Mother’s vintage earrings | Something New: Dress | Something Borrowed: One of her earrings as the set was split between sisters (very cool) | Something Blue: “My undies”
The Best Part:
The food, duh, but really it was all our favorite. We really can’t choose. We will say that working with Chris from CMP was also one of the highlights as he made the event that much better and captured everything perfectly. – Sasha
- Processional: “Madness” – Muse (covered by Vitamin String Quartet)
- Bridal Processional: “Chasing Cars” – Snow Patrol (covered by Vitamin String Quartet)
- Recessional: “500 Miles” – Proclaimers
- Introductions: “Crazy in Love” – Beyonce
- First Dance: “Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You” – Muse
Venue: Mile High Station | Photographer: Chris McLaughlin Photography (CMP Studios) | Videographer: Greg Schlosser, GPS Wedding Films | Event Coordinator: Rachel Austin Events | Bridal Gown: Hayley Paige via JLM Boutique (CA) | Shoes: Bradgley Mischka | Hair: Jaded Beauty | Makeup: Makeup by Heather B. | Groom(smen) Attire: Calvin Klein via Men’s Wearhouse | Cake: Denise Pedigo | Caterer: Footers Catering | Floral Design: The Olive and Poppy | Rentals: Butler Rents | Lighting and DJ: Elite Entertainment | Stationery: Sweet Zion Paperie
Want more of this couple? Check out their LoDo engagement session