Bride: Sasha, 28 – Educator
Groom: Eric, 28 – Environmental Consultant
Date: July 12, 2014
Location: Ski Tip Lodge, Keystone
Colorado is famed for her ski resorts. But what a lot of outsiders don’t understand is that the resorts take on a whole new life in the off-season. Summit County is crazy beautiful in the summer. This wedding does a great job of conveying the feeling of July in Colorado. And that cake is probably one of my favorites ever!
Eric and I met at Colorado State University through a mutual friend and then through classes together. We were friends for a few years before we started dating then jumped right into it and moved to Idaho. Eric proposed while on Hatteras Island in North Carolina. We were sailing in the Pamlico Sound and he proposed on the sailboat at sunset. We were visiting my parents and had a few close friends and Eric’s brother join us on the vacation. After the sailing we had a family style potluck with friends at the house then a bonfire on the beach with champagne. – Sasha
- The couple rented bikes from Keystone resort and had them available to their wedding guests so that they could enjoy the town before the wedding.
- Antique skis acted as a very cool guestbook
- Custom sunglasses were very cute favors
- Something Old: Cowboy boots | Something New: Garter/Lingerie | Something Borrowed: Sapphire earrings from her aunt | Something Blue: Novelty socks worn under her boots
The Best Part:
My favorite part of the wedding was spending time with family and friends in a place that Eric and I truly love. I really enjoyed planning the wedding with the help I had from my and Eric’s family as well. – Sasha
- Wedding Party Processional: “Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher” – Jackie Wilson
- Bride’s Entrance: “If I Ain’t Got You” – Alicia Keys
- First Dance: “Tupelo Honey” – Van Morrison
Venue: Ski Tip Lodge | Photography: From the Hip | Bridal Gown: Anna Bé | Hair: Tida, Bang Salon | Groom(smen) Attire: Men’s Wearhouse | Rings: Shane | Cake: Keystone Resort | Florist: Petal and Bean | Rentals: Tents & Events | Invitations: Nesting Project