Bride: Erin | Groom: Nick
Date: June 22, 2015 | Location: Hillside Gardens & Event Center, Colorado Springs
When we first begin to look at wedding blogs, I think we all ooh and ahh over perfect flowers, modelesque brides, and softly lit portraits. We want wedding day inspiration. And Erin and Nick’s Hillside Gardens wedding definitely has those elements to drool over and pin. But as you move forward planning your real life wedding and reflect upon the marriage to come, you will get an appreciation for the posts that are full of heart, kinda quirky, or have tons of involvement from their “village”. Because when photographers capture those moments of joy you can feel through your screen, you know the couples are in it for the marriage and not just the wedding day. Their joys spread to everyone around them and the love is palpable. These are my favorites.
Their Story: (Via Questionnaire)
Erin and Nick met in their church’s singles group in 2013. Erin was a professional ballet dancer at the time and was very focused on her career; but Nick wasn’t deterred and took on the challenge of winning Erin’s heart. He even went as far as grabbing her and jumping into a pool during a BBQ to get her attention! Eventually Nick’s efforts paid off when he and Erin were engaged during the Thanksgiving holiday in 2014.
- Nick’s last name, Dial, inspired the soap favors.
- Erin commissioned the owner of Hillside Gardens to create a very meaningful bouquet by taking flowers and foliage from the grounds of the venue.
- The couple made baskets full of paper airplanes to throw about at the reception.
- The bride bought her gown pre-owned and made her own veil for a look that is incredibly tailored with a much more appealing price.
- Erin’s mother designed and sewed the fun, multi-colored bridesmaid gowns. Her sister made the desserts. Friends and family rallied to create the decor and make the food. It was a coordinated effort!
- The couple performed a foot washing ceremony and sand ceremony to honor their union.
Venue: Hillside Gardens | Photographer: TMDexter Photography | Bridal Gown: The Altar Bridal Consignment | Hair and Makeup: Natalie Spear, Prodigy Salon | Rings: Jared | DJ: Celebrity DJ | Officiant: Pastor Ted Haggard