Bride: Megan, 31 – Photographer | Groom: Michael, 29 – U.S. Navy
Date: June 27, 2015 | Location: Wash Park Studio, Denver
It is a common mantra in the wedding industry that if you let the professionals express their creativity, you will get more than you could have imagined – or insisted they copy from Pinterest.(That last bit was all me.) Megan and Michael’s Wash Park wedding is proof positive that letting experts do what they do will give you a unique outcome. Choosing Denver as a middle of the road for guests from both sides of the U.S., the couple wasn’t actually present in the state for the planning. The couple booked the Mount Vernon Gardens of Wash Park for their ceremony and Wash Park Studio for their reception – SIGHT UNSEEN. Good thing for them you can’t spit without hitting a gorgeous venue around these parts. ;) Now enter Shayna from Cherry Bomb Events. With an expert interpreting ideas on location, a sensational team was assembled who took the theme and created a wedding worthy of a styled shoot. The floral arrangements were perfection but my favorite was the large, hanging piece above the dessert table. And speaking of said table, how beautiful is that cake and the macrons? *drool* Every detail was created with this charismatic couple and their vintage Parisian theme in mind. This includes the things you can’t see like the unique food/cocktail menu and the jazz music soundtrack from a french named band. Beau couple, belle journée!
We met through a mutual friend on Labor Day weekend enjoying Labor day festivities on Pacific Beach in San Diego. He asked me out on a date to a craft beer spot in San Diego and the rest is history! – Megan
- The couple love the music and styling of the “Jazz Age” and Megan in particular loves the City of Lights. So the natural theme was “Paris in the 20s”. Together with their planner, they devised many flapper era touches.
- Bistro Boys Bartenders helped them create unique takes on French 75 and Absinthe for their signature cocktails.
- French macarons brought Paris to the Art Deco cake table.
- Megan’s period styling included a Juliet Cap Veil, hair comb, 20’s inspired gown, and dark lips.
- The guys wore bowties and the groom wore vintage cufflinks from his late grandfather.
- The reception was styled after a speakeasy cocktail hour so there was neither a seating chart nor formal dinner. Instead, guests were allowed to eat finger foods from an all-night-long buffet!
- Vintage furniture was rented to complete the mood.
- Megan and her planner made all the signs by hand.
- A jazz band provided music for the ceremony and cocktail hour.
- The bride wore her late mother’s diamond and emerald cocktail ring. (You can see her mom and the striking resemblance on the photo with the smartphone.)
- The bride and her dad did a secret handshake at the altar.
The Best Part:
We enjoyed the atmosphere of the reception. We just wanted a non-fussy smallish cocktail type party with our closest family and friends. We were very nontraditional in that we didn’t have tables for the wedding party, or a sweetheart table. Instead we had cocktail tables and lounge seating area to encourage plenty of partying and mingling. We didn’t do toasts at the reception, instead we personally thanked our family and friends at our rehearsal dinner. We got so much positive feedback from our friends about the flow and structure of the wedding – that it felt laid back, but glamorous. Just want we wanted! – Megan
Venue: Wash Park Studio | Photographer: Katie Keighin Photography | Event Planner: Cherry Bomb Events | Bridal Gown: Sophia Tolli via Tour of Elegance (CA) | Alterations: Rose Anderson Sews Bridal(CA) | Veil: VeiledBeauty | Earrings: BHLDN | Hair Comb: Glitzy Secrets | Shoes: Caparros | Hair: Hayley Styles | Makeup: Lark Mervine | Groom(smen) Attire: Men’s Wearhouse | Groom’s Bow Tie: Boutaugh | Bridesmaid Dresses: HolliexKate | Rings: Robbin’s Brothers (Bride) and Stonebrook Jewelry (Groom) | Cake: Aspen Charm Cakes & Pastries | Caterer: Bistro Boys Catering | Floral Design: The Olive and Poppy | Rentals: Butler Rents, Linen Hero, and Yonder Floral and Decor House | DJ: Kyle Chernoff, A Music Plus | Band: Swing Je T’aime