Bride: Bridgett | Groom: Jastesh
Date: August 1, 2015 | Location: The Wildlife Experience, Parker
Bridgett and Jay are a very lucky couple. Following an extended celebration for their traditional Indian wedding (See Pt. 1 here), they got to get married yet again with a modern, chic American-style wedding. But for every bit that the two celebrations contrasted, the joyous mood remained the same. Bridgett, this time in gleaming white, drew an emotional response from her father during their first look and a teary-eyed Jay at the altar. The attire may have been more subdued in color on this day but the decor was still gloriously rich in hue. This time on the cool side of the spectrum, the jewel toned purple and abundant flowers set the tone for even more celebration. Though it appears as if the kids were celebrated out.
From the Photographers:
Wearing earrings picked out by her groom and her second wedding dress in two days, Bridgett walked down the aisle at the Wildlife Experience in Parker, CO, for their American ceremony. Even at the tail end of an event-packed week, Bridgett and Jay couldn’t help but radiate happiness as they exchanged vows in front of the fountain. After formal photos and dinner, the party got down to both top 40 hits and Hindi songs courtesy of Mike from Dancin’ Shoes DJ. Despite a few of the younger guests zonking out from the week’s festivities, the guests partied into the night and carried the celebratory energy all the way through Bridgett and Jay’s sparkler sendoff.
Venue: The Wildlife Experience | Photographer: J. La Plante Photo | Photo Booth: Mary Mascarenas Photography | Cake: Azucar Bakery | Makeup Artist: Charmed Beauty | DJ: Dancin’ Shoes DJ | Cinema and Video: Forget Me Not Media
Bride: Jenna | Groom: Brad
Date: September 19, 2015 | Location: St. Joseph Catholic Church (Ceremony) and Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center (Reception)
Weddings are one of the last things in our informal society that are still steeped in tradition and ritual. There is a great honor with every couple who undergoes the rite and feels their place in the history of something bigger than them. Religious, cultural, and regional traditions all come into play and are endlessly fascinating to me. But they are also largely well known at this point and uniform across certain geographic areas. So it piques my interest in glorious ways when I get to read about unique family traditions. Jenna and Brad’s wedding in Pueblo had many nuanced details that pictures alone would be insufficient to express. It certainly explains the cavalier attitude of the priest in the post-ceremony photos when you know that he’s a relative of the bride and long-time religious practitioner for the groom! And it gives an even cooler vibe to the already awesome restaurant where the couple took their wedding party photos when you begin to picture the bride as a little girl hanging out there – unchanged since her grandparents took wedding photos there themselves many years ago…
We met through mutual friends in our hometown (at which time we were both living away, but happened to be back on the same day). On our first date, we went for dinner and drinks at the Rio, then went to a Nuggets game. – Jenna
The couple got engaged on a beach in Iceland. <3
- The wedding included several hundred guests which made for a huge party and a long conga line!
- The ring bearer pillow and flower girl baskets contained pieces of their mothers’ wedding dresses! They combined lace, bows, and material together to make them.
- During the ceremony, the couple lit candles to honor their grandparents who had passed.
- Jenna’s family owns the Italian restaurant where they took photos and her grandparents had some of their wedding photos there as well.
- The wedding planner/florist was Jenna’s cousin, her family provided the food from their restaurant, and her aunt made the cake! (Crazy.Talented.Family)
- The priest was Jenna’s uncle. He is currently clergy at the church where Brad was baptized, had his first communion, and was confirmed! What a wonderful history!
- I absolutely love the wedding party on this one. We have mooning groomsmen, a sweet diamond ring pattern shaved into a head, a nose-picking flower girl, and one of the sassiest bridesmaids ever. (In kindness I didn’t include all of the mentioned photos but I assure you it was a fun one to work on.) I adore this fun-loving couple!
The Best Part:
My favorite part of the wedding was getting to say I DO and having all our family and friends there, followed by a reception that we all ate, drank, and danced the night away! It was the best day of our life! – Jenna
Venue: St. Joseph Catholic Church (Ceremony) & Sangre de Cristo Arts and Conference Center (Reception) | Photographer: Cakeknife Photography | Event Planner: Carleo Events | Bridal Gown: The Bridal Collection | Hair and Makeup: Alter Image Salon | Groom’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse | Catering: La Tronica’s | DJ: Dancin’ Shoes