Bride: Maaco – Controller | Groom: Nick – Optometrist
Date: July 12, 2015 | Location: Evergreen Lake House, Evergreen
Evergreen Lake House wedding photos are always interesting because the lake it sits on is busy…very busy. Some photographers work around the outdoorsy crowd on the lake (typically in Photoshop) and others embrace it. Ashley Kidder is clearly the kind of photographer who can jive with the whimsical nature of this venue and I love the results. The happy couple who selected this site, Maaco and Nick, are as dynamic and vibrant as the scene in the background. Their many laughs together in the album tell you all you need to know about this couple. Their future’s so bright, they have to wear shades. (You’ll get that lame joke halfway through the photos…)
Nick planned an extended weekend getaway the week following my birthday. I thought the trip was for my big day. I had been teasing about him proposing on the days leading up to the trip. We spent two days in Breckenridge and made our way to Glenwood Springs on the third day. We stopped at Hanging Lake for a hike. It was drizzly hike. Nick kept fidgeting with what I thought was his Go Pro. Little did I know, it was my ring. He had planned on proposing at the top, near the waterfall, but the perfect moment eluded him. We spent the night in the hot springs. We gazed at the stars, while relaxing in the pool. He proposed the next morning in our hotel room. I remember he was so nervous. We took another dip in the hot springs following his proposal. He was so relieved and ready to relax afterwards. It was a perfect weekend! – Maaco
- The mercury glass vases on the tables were DIY and made from a candle stick, candy jar, and mirrored spray paint. (I seriously never would have guessed!)
- The wedding party wore red as a nod to the bride’s Taiwanese heritage. Red is considered good luck on the wedding day.
- Maaco tried to tie silver into various elements of the day. I’m particularly drawn to her incredible hair accessories and that gorgeous dress, but touches of the metallic can be found on her bouquet and the decor as well.
The Best Parts: (According to Maaco)
- My father’s pep talk before walking me down the aisle and our father-daughter dance.
- Nick’s vows. He did good! It was so sweet, but he was able to incorporate a touch of humor as well. We like to have fun with each other.
- Seeing all the details and planning come together.
- Processional: “Canon in D” – Pachalbel
- Bridal Processional: “Thousand Years” – Christina Perri (Instrumental Version)
- Recessional: “Marry You” – Bruno Mars
- First Dance: “Thinking Out Loud” – Ed Sheeran
- Father-Daughter Dance: “Unforgettable” – Nathalie Cole
- Mother-Son Dance: “What a Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong
- Cake Cutting: “Sugar” – Adam Levine
Venue: Evergreen Lake House | Photographer: Ashley Kidder | Bridal Gown: San Patrick via Emma & Grace | Shoes: Jimmy Choo | Hair: Melinda Conley, Pearl’s | Makeup: Nicole Ramirez, Pretty Bride Shop | Groom(smen) Attire: Men’s Wearhouse | Bridesmaid Dresses: Wtoo via Bridal Loft | Rings: Shane Co. | Caterer: Relish | Floral Design: Westminster Flowers | Cake: La Momo Maes | Rentals: Colorado Party Rentals | Officiant: Kyle Trowel, Blessed Day Weddings
Love this couple? Want to see more?
(Spoiler alert: They brought their dogs along!)
Check out their engagement session on the photographer’s blog.